overall management competencies
The value of a high quality advanced educational program that focuses on leveraging IT can be defined in terms of productivity, innovation, and improved performance at all levels of the organization: individual, department, functional area, and overall. This is achieved through the active application of the course content as well as opportunities to improve important overall management competencies such as:
* Interpersonal skills – attendees will develop vital communications proficiencies including writing,
speaking, presenting, negotiating, and analytical thinking.
* Collaboration/Teamwork – colleagues from multiple functional areas work together throughout the
program, addressing current IS problems and opportunities.
* Management bench strength – the pool of qualified associates for management roles will increase as a
result of the program. Individuals within the program will develop leadership skills as well as a broad
understanding of IS management disciplines.
* Partnerships/relationships – the education of IS and business colleagues will allow them to work more
effectively and efficiently together. Considerations include how workers work, how consumers consume,
and how suppliers
* Strategic thinking – introduction of innovative strategic thinking and problem solving throughout the
organization. This will reap business value across functional areas while achieving harmony across
IT and business.
* Knowledge of the IS field – attendees will obtain a broad knowledge of the current and emerging
management and technical topics within the IS field that can be directly applied to their organization.
* Business management thinking – participants will develop a working understanding of the best
practices in business management thinking that can support the agility and flexibility required to meet
changes in the marketplace.
* Cosmopolitanism - It is essential in today's open world that attendees have international experience.
* Business language – the IS students will develop insight into the underlying language of business which
reflects the business imperatives, measurements, management processes, and culture. Business
attendees will have a better understanding of the strategic, tactical, and operational responsibilities
necessary for an effective IT organization.
The bottom line is that a certificate from GIIM will improve participants’ job performance while positioning them for advancement in their organization/careers.